When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.
It is Friday! So what does that mean? Well, it means it is time for your Bright Side!
I am not going to lie to you, this week is kind of hard for me to give a bright side. Between storms, earthquakes, nuclear threats and a shooting at a local high school, let’s just say it has been a rough week. However, I am going to try an old idea and give you five gratitudes to counteract all my negativity this week. Here it goes…
- I am thankful that all my family and friends in Texas and Florida were safe and had minimal damage done to their properties.
- I am thankful that, so far, the threat is just that, a threat and preparations are being done to keep everyone as safe as possible.
- I am thankful no one was killed in the shooting or seriously injured including the shooter, who has been caught and is getting the help he needs.
- I am thankful that I have air conditioning in this unseasonably warm weather pattern we have had for the last couple of days.
- I am thankful for my wonderful service dog who has had to put in some overtime this week while my anxiety levels and PTSD went through the roof.
Hey! I did it! Even though all of the gloom and doom, I found some light. It may sound a little Pollyanna-ish, but playing the glad game really does work.
Besides what is the point in giving into the darkness and letting hope die. It certainly doesn’t make me feel better. It doesn’t solve the problem. When you have hope you can keep working on the problem and at least try to fix or do something. When you have hope you realize God is still on his throne and is still in control.
I am old enough to have seen the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, Oklahoma City Bombing, 911, countless natural disasters and many other tragedies. One thing I have learned is the world keeps turning. The sun keeps coming out and life goes on. I have to decide if I am going to go on with it.
Today my Bright Side is I am moving on too!
Copyright © 2017 Tabetha Frick All Rights Reserved.